Sunday, November 2, 2008

Teeth

So today is Katie McSweeny's birthday. Its crazy, I randomly remember that because I had a mega crush on her in 4th grade. I don't think we've even spoken for a good two years or so, its funny how you can remember something like that after so long. Probably because she was my first big-time crush ever and I really had it in for her. I don't think she felt the same way at the time though.... you shoulda seen me I was kind of a crazy kid. But at least I stayed true to myself.

This weekend was pretty much a mixed bag. Halloween on Friday, cool right? Yep, not for me. I got waaay sick. You see, for the past few months I've been getting a bizarre reaction with my teeth and my mouth gets to the point that it feels like its going to implode because of mounting pressure between my top row of teeth. I was dealing with that all day, which spurred a subsequent stomach and headache to go along with it. I still tried to make the best of things and later that night I dawned my Batman costume and went out with the festivities. It got so bad that night that I went over to my buddy Devyn and asked if he and Jeff would be comfortable giving me a blessing. It was a great experience for all three of us. They put on their sunday best and really showed respect to both my and the Lord by doing so. Jeff anointed and Devyn blessed. It was strange having a couple of my really good friends give me this blessing but it was also great. Not 10 minutes afterward I was already on my way to feeling better.

Saturday was a lazy day, I think I was still recovering. I had a great time that night, some May 1200 guys and I got some girls together and watched The Three Amigos over in the JKB and then hung out with some girls in our ward for the rest of the night, which included Ultimate Spoons and Yoasis. We have some great gals in our ward and its about time I started getting to know them.

Sunday was great as usual, even with it being fast Sunday. We had a great message from the Presiding Bishop and church was great as always. I always enjoy listening to Devyn's Sunday School and Dave's Elders Quorumn lessons.

Now I'm just sitting here, chewing on my apple and remembering some good times. I've been doing that a lot here in Provo. Now that I'm on to such a new chapter in my life, I can't help but reflect on what got me here. Experiences with my family and friends and how they've shaped me. I've also really enjoyed reading Alex Graves' blog over at http://journeyofalexgraves.blogspot.com. I don't think he knows it but I really look up to him. If anybody is going to be true to himself and his character, its gunna be Alex Graves. Great guy and I wish him the best in his upcoming travels.

Anyways, till next time folks.

No comments: