Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I lost big time

Well, another general election come and gone.

I excepted a long time ago that whoever won the presidency would be terrible. That's why I'm not so upset about that. Its pretty dang cool actually to be around for the election of the first African-American president. I'll be honest, I was almost brought to tears when I watched Obama's acceptance speech live.

I'm just way bummed about the WA state races. I put in quite a few hours making calls at the phonebank and doing other canvassing for Dino Rossi and it looks like he lost by more than 126 votes this time. Things are looking pretty tight for Dave Reichert as well.

Ugh, well what are ya gunna do?

I voted for Chuck Baldwin. The guy didn't even get 1% of the national vote. Great.

Looks like Prop 8 will pass in California. I have really really mixed feelings about that motion.

I just hope that the Dems don't get 60% of the Senate- then there will be a filibuster-proof liberal legislature. Don't get me wrong, I'd be just as worried if we had a Republican president with a 60% Republican majority in the Senate. You need to have a healthy debate on these issues.

It snowed today. I think thats a little early. I think we'll be seeing plenty of snow in the near future.

Anyways, all I can do now is sit here and listen to Pink Floyd and remember Alice on the Wall from the good 'ole summer days.

1 comment:

Alexander Freeman Graves said...

you make me smile sir droping a casa del graves event in the end of the blog i like it