Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Ray Keetch will be missed

So the other day my Dad gave me a call to tell me that my Great Grandpa had passed away. I knew that a few days earlier he had slipped into a coma.

I'm pretty sure that my Grandpa Keetch lived until he was 94 years old. He lived a full, happy life. Heraised a family, and in that family was my Grandma. I remember visiting my Great Grandparents house often when I was really little. I'd talk with Grandpa Keetch about fishing, about boats, and about all the crazy decorations he had adorned throughout his living room. I could tell that he had been all over the world and his memorabilia represented that.

My Dad introduced to me someone I'll always remember- Edgar. My grandparents had a little miniature Eskimo mask they had got from Alaska. My Dad said that his name was Edgar and for some reason that little mask really freaked me out. I'd always try and hide from it whenever we'd visit.

My Great Grandma Keetch passed away a little over a year ago. I think Grandpa really missed her and a big part of him left with her. I'm confident he is very happy right now, reunited with his wife once again.

I never knew my Great Grandparents all that well but I do know this- I loved them and I'm sure a lucky guy to have enough family that it made it all the way up to my great grandpa until now.

No comments: