Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Stuff

So Thanksgiving Week is over. It was fun. I still had to go to school on Monday and Tuesday but I had the opportunity to see my family afterwards- they drove down from Washington. That was lovely since I haven't seen them since late August. I especially enjoyed The Stuff- a delicious rasberry jello concoction that my Mom makes on all special occasions. It's achieved a pretty high status within my family and I'm proud to say that I gave it its name.

I've got 3 weeks left to achieve my weight loss goal. About mid-summer I realized that being 216 pounds and just barely 6'1" I was a tad overweight. So I lost around 20 pounds over the summer. I put my goal as somewhere between 180-185 pounds. Right now I'm at 190 (maybe a little lower) and I'm shooting for below 185 by December 20th. Its that last bit that is the most stubborn- at least thats what I've heard- so I"m willing to put in the time.

The 20th will close my weight loss phase and my bulking phase will begin. I've been looking up a lot on bodybuilders.com and I've been really interested in the training routines that body builders undergo. I'll let you know how that one goes.

3 weeks is also all I got left of my first semester at BYU. My plan is to end it with a bang, and just dominate my finals. You see, I let Senioritis get the best of my last year and I ended the year with less than a whimper- kind of embarrassing. I decided that really isn't me. It'll take some good education to eventually get that seat in the US Senate....

Goal Pre 12/20: 183 pounds
Goal post 12/20- Get ripped

No comments: