Thursday, October 2, 2008

Sipo

So I always get the feeling I should write in my blog. But then I realize that there is so much that has happened since my last post, whats the point? I couldn't possibly cover it all. So I just put it off.

Now, a few months later I'm back. Maybe this'll stick, maybe it won't- we'll just have to see.

My life has been ideal for the past few weeks. I'm living in Provo, Utah at Brigham Young University. I'm up at May Hall in Helaman Halls and I'm rooming with my good buddy Steven. He's a swell chap might I say. I might also say that the college life is well suited for me. I do what I want and I eat what I want. The two most important things one can attain in life.

The past couple of days I've been overcome with a cleaning and organizing fit. What was a messy mishap of a dorm room has become a pristine sanctuary that I'm proud to linger in.

Tonight I don't feel like getting into anything deep. Despite my commonalities I don't feel like discussing our country's economic crisis, or my solution, or why Chuck Baldwin should be president. Those are topics for other nights.

Tonight I just want to talk about something that I realized today. For myself, its probably more important than all of that stuff above. I realized that I've once again distanced myself from God. I've yet again fallen into a personal apostasy and I've let pride rise above humility.

If I'm going to get through my freshman year with respectable grades and smart choices then I need to turn this situation around. I don't know how I let myself get this way- denying myself of Christ's love and the blessings of righteousness and humility. Without Christ I am nothing. Hands down absolutely nothing. In my fallen state I would be doomed to eternal hell. God the Father continues to bless me despite my prideful behavior. How can I find my way back?

Its never easy. Personal prayer. Scripture study. Pondering gospel principles. I realize that I need to shun the many distractions that pull my away from the spirit.

And I need a scale. Who knows how much weight I've gained in my first month at college.

No comments: