Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Marriage of Figaro

The Classical era.

If you ask me it was the most important time for classical music, its very existence, and what it would mean for centuries to come.

The masters that surely shape the way we listen and analyze today dominated during this period of time. Not only did they write and notate fantastic pieces of art and expression, they revolutionized the very culture of the people. Haydn, Mozart, and Beethoven all left a very lasting impact on music. I'm a pretty big fan of all of them.

Too bad its killing me because I have a very lame test on all of them tomorrow.

I don't really have something on my mind that's just begging to be written down. This might be a brief post.

A couple hours ago I had a great conversation with some folks out in the lobby. I had met most of them on the spot but we got really in depth with a discussion about the US foreign policy. I think I got a lot of good points across. I'm telling you, I just keep getting caught in political discussions over in that lobby. Its just me I guess.

No comments: