Saturday, July 19, 2008

Ryan's Opening/Closing Words

This week has been the best I can remember for a long time.

It actually blows my mind that its Friday night, didn't we just put in The Phantom Menace last night? Allthough the weeks gone by in a blur, I can't tell you how much fun I've had looking forward to hanging out with awesome people every single night and finally giving all the focus and energy that each film deserves in its entirety.

Today was one of those days that you got about 3 solid hours of sleep and its just amazing how tired you are- and you have work. Thats how it was for me but completely worth it. We saw The Dark Knight at midnight at Lincoln Square and I was not dissapointed at all. Myself, Stephanie, Steven, Jessica, Hailey, and Trevor made the trip to Bellevue and I think we all were absolutely enthralled with Heath Ledger's Joker performance.

The movie was so good in my humble opinion because it wasn't about Batman v. Joker like any traditional batman film would do. The film was an epic struggle for the soul of Gotham. Joker advocated chaos and anarchy- he wanted to see society succumb to terror and lose its morality while Batman set out to inspire hope and belief in justice among the people. I won't spoil any parts of the movie but all in all it was fantastic. I'll let you know if I like it better than Batman Begins after a see it in imax a week from tomorrow night.

Onto Star Wars Week.

Last night was Day 4 and tonight was Day 5. Both films were absolutely magnificient. They were presented in a fantastic 720p, 5.1 dolby digital presentation. It always a treat to make that jump from prequel trilogy to classic trilogy. We've continued to have great turnout and I love having the time to give each film the focus and attention it deserves. Very interesting conversation was sparked during the course of The Empire Strikes Back and that was only possible because we had an entire night devoted to it. I'm excited and really sad at the same time that tomorrow night will be our last day of Star Wars Week. I think Jordan put it pretty well when he asked me, "What are we supposed to do after Star Wars Week?" I agree with Jordan, the rest of this summer will be pretty dull in comparison to the week we've just been experiencing.

Its also been a treat, I might add, that I'm in demand for the opening and closing words for each film. Although I'm met with endless heckling from Paul Dow, its been a fun and interesting tradition throughout the week. I've put together some especially heart-warming words for tomorrow night's final closing.

I need to get my rest folks but I'll be sure to let you know how the final wrap up goes. In the meantime, check out my good buddy Ryan Graves' blog at http://ryan-motionpicturesoundtrack.blogspot.com/ for his perspective on our epic adventure this week.

Until Next Time....

No comments: