Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hunger, Fatigue. The Dark Knight. A New Hope.

sup sup.

So I decided that I wouldn't mind losing a little weight this summer (specially after I found out I'm around 25 pounds overweight, yikes!) so I signed up at weightwatchers.com for men. It really hasn't been so bad, its really just kept me conscious about my eating decisions. I even lost 3 pounds my first week! I guess I'm doing something right. Ryan's current weight: 212 pounds. Wow I'm hungry right now.

I don't know why Shoo Fly Farm has been zapping my energy so much. I honestly have no desire to hit the streets for door to door sales in the afternoons, I'm just feeling the fatigue. Things are going pretty well over there though. I feel closer to all of my co-workers more than I did last year. My boss Jill even offered me to have me mow the lawn of the camp each week, $60 a pop! Speaking of money, and my post yesterday, I realized today that I have nearly a $1000 more than I have always figured into the equation. Don't ask me how I fudged that figure up but I'll tell ya, its not so bad finding out you have more money than you thought. Especially when its a whole G.

Last night was Revenge of the Sith. Our Star Wars Week was absolutely fantastic as always, except this time the film was actually straight up quality. Revenge will always hold a special place in my heart for the breathtaking visuals, spot on lightsaber duels, the gripping score, and the mindblowing symbolism and relativism compared to the rest of the saga. Now I'm not going to sit here and defend Hayden or Natalie's performance but the movie is defenantly a solid.

Onto A New Hope. Thats tonight. Oh and did I mention in high definition?! Our good buddy Steven Shaw has graced us with his computer skills by downloading episodes 4,5, and 6 in high definition. This along with Ryan's killer audio system may very well be the best experience I've ever had concerning the Original Trilogy of the Star Wars Saga.

Now you didn't think the night (or should I say Knight?) couldn't get any better but the truly adventurous are planning to leave straight from a New Hope to see The Dark Knight at its midnight premiere at Lincoln Square Cinemas! I can't even tell you how excited I am to experience that. I consider Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins to be an absolute masterpiece.

More on The Dark Knight and Star Wars in 720p resolution tomorrow.

Until Next Time....

No comments: