Saturday, April 11, 2009

The Words of an Apostle



I have been absolutely blessed beyond measure the past year and a half. Up until about half way through my senior year I've had the opportunity to meet and listen to the words of one apostle, Elder Russel M. Nelson when I was very young. Within the past year or so I've listened up close and met (in a manner of speaking) Elder M. Russel Ballard, Elder Robert D. Hales, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland (3 times), President Thomas S. Monson, and just tonight I met Elder Richard G. Scott.

I had a regional conference with the attendance of President Boyd K. Packer and President Dieter F. Uchtdorf, and I've had the opportunity to attend three sessions of conference in the conference center.

The Lord has poured out so many blessings of counsel, guidance, and inspiration from his most excellent servants.

Tonight I had the chance to go see Elder Scott speak at a nearby stake conference in Orem, the invitation coming from my friend Dave whos father was recently called into the First Quorum of the Seventy and also spoke tonight. The night was unforgettable, I had the chance to hear an apostle of God bear witness that Jesus Christ lives! He is our savior and redeemer.

I had the chance to meet with him afterwards and I told him that myself, Jordan, and Matt were preparing to go on a mission. His words were this, "That is the absolutely most important thing you can do. Don't let ANYTHING get in the way of serving a mission." I was absolutely inspired by his words and his testimony.

I was also able to meet with Elder Nielsen and Sister Nielsen. They are very loving and fantastic people, I can see now where Dave gets it. I felt the Spirit SO strong tonight- my testimony was very strenghened.

I testify that the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles act as the mouthpieces of God. They have the authority to speak in His name and have divinely inspired councel for each and every one of us. Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer, he paid for each and every one of our sins. He lives! He has a body of flesh and blood, obtained after He was resurrected. The Gospel is true. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments: