Friday, April 3, 2009

Called to Serve


So I know its been almost three months since I updated this blog. Please forgive me.

I have some exciting news. Three weeks ago I recieved a called from the First Presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to serve as a missionary and representative of the church for the space of 24 months. I've been asked to labor for that time in the Chile Santiago North mission. I'll be entering the Missionary Training Center in Provo, UT on July 15th. Approximately 3.4 months from now.

I have never been so excited or happy in my life. I can't believe I'll learn to read and write Spanish! I was kind of freaking out, but then my friend Dave, who is serving a mission in Japan, showed me a Japanese Book of Mormon and I felt a little humbled.

This is exactly what I want to be doing. It's kind of a bummer that I'll have to wait around for a few months before I ship out.

I can't wait to preach to the people of Santiago, its going to be awesome.

No comments: