Sunday, July 12, 2009

Called to Serve

Brothers and Sisters,

The time has finally come. I'm finally leaving to become a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I'll be serving as a missionary in the Chile Santiago North mission for about 24 months.

First off I'll be in the Missionary Training Center in Provo, UT for about two months. There I'll get the chance to learn Spanish (as much as you can in two months I guess) and review the doctrine that I'll be teaching. I hear it is a pretty intense experience at the MTC. I'm personally really looking forward to moving to my next phase of preparation at the MTC.

About mid-september I'll finally be in the beautiful city of Santiago, Chile! That will be so awesome, and from there I'll get started doing the Lord's work and bringing His children into His true gospel.

The work consists of finding people to teach, and then teaching them the doctrine of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and helping them change so that they can more fully follow the example of Jesus Christ.

I truly believe the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints to be true. The Book of Mormon is a true book, it is another testament of Jesus Christ, along with the Old and New Testaments. Joseph Smith was truly a prophet of God and called to restore his Gospel on this earth in the latter days. I feel very privileged to serve as a representative of this great Chuch to God's children in the land of Chile.

No comments: