Saturday, January 3, 2009

Concerts


I know this was all a week ago but I've been meaning to get around to this.

Last Saturday I had the chance to go to two phenomenal concerts. The first was at Alex Graves' event- This Ain't Yer Granny's Christmas Pageant. I loved it, especially because Cameron Hodges played so much new material. I'm a big fan. Its always a treat to listen to Alex Graves' lyrical poetry. 1950s Alcoholism will always be my all time favorite but I thought his best reading of the night was by far Legalism Pharisitical and She's So Beautiful- I love the jazzy vibe that one brings.

My biggest dilemma of winter break is the fact that Alex's show coincided the same night with the homecoming concert of The Scene Aesthetic. SC is one of my favorite bands, its a two-man band, and it just so happens that the other member has been on an LDS mission for the past two years and just got back two weeks ago. So they finally had a legit concert- on the same night. Anyway, it was vital for me to see them play.

I left over half way through Alex's show and my friend Casey and I arrived at el Corazon in Seattle in the nick of time to catch the headline show of The Scene Aesthetic. It was a phenomenal song. They played my favorite track- So Peter You've Become a Pirate. They also covered one of my all-time favorites- I Will Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie. I even got the chance to meet up with group member Eric and talk to him a little about his mission. I even got a pic. It was a superb night of music- not one I'll forget any time soon.

1 comment:

Alexander Freeman Graves said...

the jazzy one is rereformation but i am glad you liked the show thanks again for coming out and supporting us